Tuesday, September 9, 2008

#1. Deer. (Please do not reuse image)

(Once again, please do not use image)
To Republicans:
This is why we need gun control. Sooner or later the next step in evolution will take place, and who do you think will be there kickin' our asses? Not only would we see a dramatic decrease in number of deaths within our population, but scenarios such as this will be avoidable. Now, I may be "overdramatizing" with this image, but nonetheless, it does bring around a reasonable point to bring to the table. With certain gun control laws in place we could avoid a lot of harm done to our people. You are more likely to be shot by someone you know rather than a stranger. Gun control laws can help make this the past. I am not saying by any means that we should completely ban guns, oh no, they have played their part in history and a very important one, I am merely suggesting we put into effect better laws to protect all humans. And protection would be completey necessary if this image somehow came about.

To my Peers:
I am no fan of hunting. I never knew that hunting was such a huge part of the Minnesota culture before moving. I have nothing against hunters, I understand where you're all coming from (as I assume there may be hunters reading this). But one day, I wondered to myself, what if the tables were turned? So I grabbed my sketch pad and drew out this lucrid image from my mind. I found it fun to draw, and more fun to imagine such a thing. So yes, imagine if a deer got a hold of your rifle, and that this image was completely possible. What would you do? Is that crazy to think about, or what? I'd be terrified. A twisted game of the hunters become the hunted in an already twisted world.

3 comments:

StrawberryCake said...

You made a very good point (showed your point of view very well) about gun control. The image was a little hard to see but you did a very good job at that. To me I can't tell if your a repb. or a demo. but you made a very good point to the repb. side. I like how you took this problem to the next level. I don't when deer are going to learn how to use a gun but I hope that I'm not around when that happens. (Ooo, finding a negative thing about this is hard) Um, I'm probably going to have to say that you probably could have gone a little more indepth with the gun control problems that we have right now. You did an awesome job at showing your side of view and good job at drawing!

Ursa Major said...

Personally, I like your opinions, if they truly are yours or not. I like how for the Republicans you have laid out a systematic argument and then kind of backed off at the end so they don't think your idea is too threatening. Maybe to make your argument a bit stronger, avoid using "asses" (you want to sound sophisticated and respectable) and use statistics (I realize that would be a bit too complicated for this assignment) at least to support "You are more likely to be shot by someone you know rather than a stranger." Consider adding "by" before stranger to make it a little clearer. To your peers, I also liked how you try not to offend anyone too much. One little note, "lucrid" isn't a word... Did you mean lurid or lucid? I really liked your last sentence, especially "in an already twisted world." Good job.

Mindfreak said...

How does this appeal to the republicans? Republicans don't want restricted gun laws, they are against it. Secondly criminals are going to get a hold of guns regardless of the laws put fourth. Take pot for instance. Yeah we have laws against it but no one cares and people use it anyway. If a person is corrupt enough to break the law, whats stopping them from braking another one to obtain the gun in the first place? Their would also be an increase in organized crime activity because a restriction or "ban" of guns, making them less available, would pose a need to gangs and boost gang activity and organized crime. This wouldn't solve anything, the only thing we would get out of this is higher taxes due to the increase in law enforcement. And why take away someones right to self defense? I don't really agree with what you stated but then again you were pretty vague in your description of these "laws" and really what it was you wanted to happen, so I might be arguing with an opinion that isn't yours. As far as the deer go, if we were stupid enough to allow a deer to out smart us like that, then we would deserve to get our asses handed to us by them.