Wednesday, November 12, 2008

#6. Law

Law: Cutting in any type of line is a punishable offense.
This is an extremely important law. Have you ever been famished and had to stand in a lunch line before you could get your food when suddenly a person barges in front of you? I'm sure the majority of people have. I find this completely absurd. What gives anyone the right to be before you when you have chosen to follow systematic rules? They are not special. They do not deserve to have a place before you. You are not inferior to them. Your needs are as great as their needs. If a group of truly starving people are able to form a line and take turns to get food, then what is it that causes well-fed human beings to barge and coyly insert themselves before others? Nothing should cause that. If you were in an airport, waiting through customs, and you knew you could possibly miss your flight, does that give you the right to go ahead of everyone else that is waiting? No. There could very well be many other people that may be late for their flights too. Nobody has the right to put themselves before others, and that's why I think that cutting in line should be a punishable offense.

2 comments:

Gobl1nmast4r said...

I would cast my vote in favor of this new law. If I were truly starving, I'd budge. I'd do so because I was hungry. It's not as if one has a lot of control over oneself when they are "truly starving." People don't just line up when they're starving, on your part, that's a "bit" of hyperbole. Needs that are more intense that other's needs can be more important. I don't think that anyone in the Wayzata High School district should fall under that catergory.

Shiny-sama said...

Dude, I completely agree with you. I would totally not break this law if it went into effect, too. People really need to wait in line while waiting for food and such, and I find it exceedingly irritating to cut in front of all those who could be hungrier than that person who butted. If I had to, I'd tell someone else about the situation if someone did break it. Sooner or later, we might all get the same thing, but for some people it could be later than that one person who went ahead in line.